- Old Man Gloom is a supergroup (containing members of Converge, ISIS, Cave In,
Zozobra, Doomriders, Mamiffer, etc.), but instead of making shitty records like other
"supergroups", Old Man Gloom actually makes great ones.
- "NO" is an undeniably great title for an album, and also serves as an ironclad manifesto
in opposition to the moral and aesthetic decay of our global society.
- This is Old Man Gloom's fifth album, their first in eight years. They weren't on hiatus,
just busy writing the greatest album in music history. That makes them the proud
progenitors of the five greatest albums of all time, "NO" being number one. "NO" is like
"one", only spelled backwards and without the "E".
- Old Man Gloom are playing shows in 2012 and 2013, just in time for the collapse of
the global economy.
- The acronym for Old Man Gloom is "OMG". "OMG" has become a household phrase
since its introduction in to the popular lexicon in 1999, directly coinciding with the
formation of Old Man Gloom the year prior. The group has never been properly credited
for this massively important contribution to global culture.
- "NO" was made using acoustic and electric instruments including but not limited to:
sheet metal, toilets, human voices, guitars, drums, tambourines, shoes, hands, various
other percussive tools, analog and digital electronic devices, and brains.
released June 26, 2012
GLOOM CONGLOMERATE: NATE, AARON, SANTOS, CALEB
SPECIAL "NO" COMMITTEE MEMBERS: kevin baker, kurt ballou, mike MCKENZIE
RECORDED / MIXED BY KURT BALLOU AT GOD CITY, 2011
ADDITIONAL RECORDING AT HOLC, VASHON
MASTERED BY: JAMES PLOTKIN
ARTWORK BY ABCT, TYPOGRAPHY AND ART ASSISTANCE BY FAITH COLOCCIA
all rights reserved
feeds for ,